hey all..just wanted to give you all an update on my transplant, I was scheduled to have the kidney removed on nov 11 because the creatinine had not dropped off from 4.7. the following Friday, I met with the surgeon and he recommended that the kidney be removed. they did blood work but I did not hear the results so we went on as planned. on Monday the transplant nurse called and told me that  the creatinine had dropped to 3.7 and when they did blood work on Monday it had dropped to 3.6. long story short, the surgeon and the nephrologist got into an argument about removing the kidney. I elected to wait and see what the creatinine was going to do for 2 more weeks. plus I didn't want the docs operating on me after they had just had a huge blowout.. creatinine continues to fall and rise but staying under 4. so on Monday 12/2 I am going in for ureter reconstruction and hopefully I wiil be on my way....will keep you all posted as I learn more. thanks for all your advise and I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Views: 126


You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Comment by Kidneyboy on November 30, 2013 at 11:41am

Hi Rich,

Yikes! Wishing you the very best results.  If "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," when I hear the crowd say "Look...up in the sky!...It's a bird or a plane!" I'll know it's Rich cruising home from Transplant!  stay well!

Comment by David on November 28, 2013 at 11:49am

 man you got to love that  pseudo monas ,  dang , i had it for 8 months prior and through tx ..  good luck  hope they keep it under controll ...

Comment by Rich on November 28, 2013 at 10:13am
Thanks for all the comments. Hope you all have a great thanksgiving. Kidneyboy, the reason for removing the tx kidney was because I had bk Virus and 2 bouts of pseudo monas and a bout with c-diff. The bk has damaged the ureter and the creatinine would not come down below 4.7. The day the kidney was to be removed creatinine fell to 3.6.. Was supposed to have ureter revision on Monday but now that has been postponed until the 12 but I think I am going to have it done after the first of the year as things will slow down quite a bit at work. Kidney seems to be doing well... Have not had dialysis for over a month now.... My hope is that it will continue to do well....thanks everybody....
Comment by Kerry on November 27, 2013 at 10:51pm

Rich, I think you are making the right decision to wait and look at your numbers in a few weeks - Why go through the trauma of a transplant if that is not the only answer?  Try to enjoy your Thanksgiving  and relax!  Put your mind at ease.  They will check you at a later date.  Hope you have a beautiful, calming holiday!

Comment by Kidneyboy on November 27, 2013 at 10:21pm

Hi  Rich,

Happy Thanksgiving! What is the reason the surgeon wants to remove it?  Has a biopsy been performed showing damage or necrosis?  It is not unusual for Tx organs to "go to sleep" after transplant.  My recent TX took 10 days to wake up with a CR of 6.5 .  When the decline in function leveled off I was released to wait and see in a rehb(a week in bed I could barely walk.)  Eventually it woke and my CR is now 1.5.  I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Comment by Judy L. on November 27, 2013 at 4:34pm
Happy Thanksgiving and wishes for a speedy recovery and good health to follow. Judy
Comment by Hostess Risé on November 27, 2013 at 1:49pm

Wishing you well Rich. Thank you for the update. I will be sure to keep you in my thoughts that all goes well.

Comment by David on November 27, 2013 at 12:13pm

 Sounds like you have choosen well,  best of luck to you and hope all turns out Awesome ! ,  you as well enjoy thanksgiving try and eat a LOT  and enjoy your family and friends !  Best wishs on a speedy recovery ...

© 2014   Created by Hostess Risé.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service